Camino Health Center offers the only Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program in south Orange Country and provides healthy food, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and family resources to nearly 5,000 women and young children. Staffed with dedicated registered dietitians, nutritionists, and lactation counselors, our WIC team is passionate about helping families navigate the nutritional challenges of pregnancy and providing wholesome food to infants and young children. Our staff provide one on one, personalized support for you and your family.
A federally funded health and nutrition program, WIC offers the following services at no cost to families who qualify:
- A WIC Card to buy healthy foods from WIC-authorized grocers. Foods include whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, milk, eggs, cereal, peanut butter, and much more! Use the free California WIC App to check your food balance.
- Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby
- Help in finding health care and other community services
You work hard to raise a healthy family; let WIC help.
To qualify for WIC services, you must meet income guidelines, live in California, and be in a category served by WIC:
- Recently postpartum (for six months after the pregnancy ends or one year if breastfeeding)
- Caring for a child under the age of 5 years old (includes parents, foster families, and legal caretakers/guardians)
We offer same day, evening, and weekend appointments at our Lake Forest and San Juan Capistrano offices.